Nav Bar Disappear

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Take A Picture - It Lasts Longer!

Ok, so sometimes, I get a little out of control. And by 'a little out of control' I mean I want to throw my computer out the window.


First, my stupid computer is making all these little clickety-click noises, as if it is actually working hard in there. Seriously, man. It isn't working, working. Tiny bits of info are passing from one point to another. What is clicking in there? That makes me wanna smash the whole dang thing to pieces.


It makes me wanna smash it BECAUSE.... that clickety-click thing slows down the whole computer. Maybe I have a virus. It's a Mac - there shouldn't be a virus. And I know what you're thinking - stop doing stuff on the computer that I shouldn't be doing, right? Well, I don't, smartie pants. SOOOOO, this whole thing is going to get slung across the floor.


Meanwhile, all I am trying to do is register for a ding-dang Continuing Education course. That's it. One measly course. But can I? Noooooooo!


Between the clickety-clack computer and the AWOL Wizard, I can't get anything going on here.


For two nights now, I have tried to register for this course online. I suppose I could just go to the college and register but apparently it closes at 4, and I get off at 3:40 so it would be a rip-roaring drive down there to see if I could get in the doors before they locked 'em up tight.


Plus, I like doing things online. It suits my lazy lifestyle.


EXCEPT WHEN THINGS DON'T GO PROPERLY.


Then, I have to take a nap to calm down.


So, here I am, looking at the 'Self Service' page, except by myself, I can't get any service happening. I followed all the steps, right up until I hit a wall on Step 2 and a half. 


Yeah, 2.5.


It also says the 'Wizard' would help me.


It says, Register and get a login & password. So I did.


It says, go to Register and then to Continuing Education. So I did.


It says, Look up your course and Add it to your cart. SO I **T-R-I-E-D** TO DO THAT.


But NOOOOOO.


I couldn't add a thing. There is no 'ADD' button. 


I looked everywhere. I even tried the Search Bar. No Add button.


Where is this random Wizard? Did he leave? Is he on supper break? Stupid Wizard.


Also, if you are just farting around, you can find courses - no problem. You can do anything you want. You can dance, draw pictures, build houses, tame snakes, whatever you want.


But just try to register for them, and all of a sudden all of those courses disappear, even if you have the exact course code. And by 'exact course code' I mean I copied & pasted it, so I didn't make any mistakes, especially since I did it repeatedly because I am OCD.


So here I am, I found the course in the preview area, took 900 years to find it in the right area, but then can I add it? No sir. Forget about it. No course for me.


I just want to give them some money so I can go to this course on Monday nights and not get kicked out. That's it.


Sweet Lord Almighty. If it's this difficult to register, I don't know if I want to take the actual course. I might have to get a tutor and bring an Educational Assistant for classroom support.


Seriously, b'yes, I'm just saying... I gotta rethink this.


The course I want to take is digital photography. I'm trying to broaden my horizons. I like to do that, so I'll try it. I may also try an art course and a cooking course, eventually. But, one at a time.


I was going to buy a camera first and already garnered some input from friends. However, I have since decided to hold off on that until the time comes that I know what I am doing.


I have now borrowed two types of cameras (neither of which I know anything about), and I have my iPhone which has its own camera and a bunch of different apps with editing software. I like the editing part, too.


I'm looking forward to the summer, as I am going to NL and I am going to take pictures of everything that moves. If it has a fin, fur, a tail, a branch, has any colour, is watery, has eyeballs, is made of wood, has any rock formation, or breathes, I am going to take a picture of it.


I'm going to have to stock up on those little memory card doohickies or buy stock in online photo storage.


Obviously, this little guy is from Amazon.com:




Because I do not want to be completely brainless when I start the course, I bought the Digital SLR Photography All-in-One For Dummies text and I already started reading it last night. That, with my tutor and EA (can't count on the Wizard), should enable me to make it through the course, because I am starting early. The course itself doesn't start until May (that is, if I am EVER able to register for it).

I don't want to be the person who can't even turn on the camera. I have to be prepared to, at the very least, know what the teacher is talking about when he says stuff. Otherwise, the first blog about photography in May is going to start with, "So I got kicked out of Photography tonite..."

No. Not after all this registration business.

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there. Isn't there a number you can call?
    For the record, my Mac has stopped making any sounds. Nothing. When I send mail; nothing. Receive mail; nothing.
    But then it also randomly decides it needs to make all the noises for all the times it forgot to. Which is why at 3 am when I start hearing "swwwisshh!" and "ding" over and over, I think I too may huck it out the window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the encouragement. I ended up going there to enrol and it all turned out well. Now I'm so excited!

      Delete
  2. I love to take photos and they come out great, but when I needed pics for a book I wrote, I didn't trust myself and hired out.

    It is just a learning experience like anything else...you will do great!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you dropped in. Have an opinion to share? Here is your opportunity: